Resolve your family law legal issues in a positive, compassionate environment.
Heidi's family law practice includes divorce, paternity, custody, placement, child support, maintenance, property division and international child abduction cases. Heidi also handles other civil actions and domestic disputes such as protective orders, elder and disability law, as well as child welfare matters. Additionally, she has represented individuals with bankruptcies in federal court and helped address other consumer protection challenges. Heidi also has practiced in a variety of legal areas over the course of her career involving transactional and appellate work. Heidi has extensive experience assisting crime victims navigate the criminal justice system by invoking Marsy's Law and their constitutional rights as a victim/survivor.
Heidi is truly empathetic in nature and rather enjoys helping her clients reach resolution with their legal issues. Heidi is proud of her achievements during law school which gave her foundation and tools for success in the legal field. She served as the Philanthropy Chair of Delta Theta Phi executive board and also completed a student clerkship at the Zeke Giorgi Legal Clinic focusing on domestic violence. She was recognized by the Wisconsin Law Foundation with the Belle Case La Follette award in 2016 for her commitment to serving underrepresented populations and marginalized communities, and Heidi was included in the 2015 Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society. Ultimately, Heidi graduated and passed the Wisconsin Bar Exam in 2012. Heidi does not shy away from litigation, but works hard for her family law clients to reach cost effective and reasonable settlements.
In her spare time, Heidi enjoys spending time with her kids and outdoor recreation including gardening, hiking, boating, fishing and camping with her family.
- Divorce, Annulment, & Legal Separation
- Child Custody and Placement
- Child Support and Maintenance
- Child Welfare – CHIPS, TPR, Guardianships
- Temporary Restraining Order & Injunctions – Domestic Abuse, Harassment, Individual at Risk, Child Abuse
- Wisconsin, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2022
- Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society - 2015, 2020, 2021
- Wisconsin Law Foundation - Belle Case La Follette Award recipient 2016
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 2009
- University of Bordeaux-Montesquieu IV
- J.D. - 2012
Current Employment Position
- County Corporation Counsel
- Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Cordell & Cordell
- Hope House
- Geraci Law